If you created a Gmail account and now for some reason, you want to delete Gmail account permanently or temporarily, here are the steps that you need to follow. Although this is quite difficult to delete a Gmail account permanently without the password, you can remove it quickly if you have the correct password.
How to delete gmail account 2019
- Go to Google Account Settings.
- Select Data & Personalization.
- In the page that appears, scroll down to Download, delete, or make a plan for your data.
- Click Delete a service or your account.
- Then choose Delete a service on the next page as well.
- You’ll be prompted to sign into your account
- On the next page you can choose the service you would like to delete. If you want to delete a Gmail account, click the trashcan icon (🗑) next to Gmail.
- Enter an email address different from the address associated with the Gmail account you are closing under Enter an email address in the How you’ll sign in to Google dialog box
- Click Send Verification Email.
- Open the email from Google (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation”.
- Follow the deletion link in the message
- If prompted, log in to the Gmail account you are deleting.
- Under Confirm Gmail Deletion Select Yes, I want to delete email@example.com permanently from my Google Account.
- Click Delete Gmail.
- Click Done.
What Happens to Emails in the Deleted Gmail Account?
The messages will be deleted permanently. You will no longer be able to access them in Gmail.If you downloaded a copy, either using Google Takeout or using an email program, you can still use these messages, of course.